This Season, ‘Sultry’ is the new ‘Cool’ as Ae Dil Hai Mushkil stars Anushka Sharma and Aishwarya Rai lighted up the big screen to show us how it’s done right! We at FUCHSIA decided to step into the festive season and show you how to create the Ultimate Sultry Look, right here, in our latest Sam. M Makeup Tutorial: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Sultry Eye Makeup.
So if you’re aiming to look your best this winter, wear the signature sultry-eyed look and celebrate the season with your loved ones!
Just follow the steps from 1- 9 or click on the video as Sam creates the ‘Look’ in less than 2 minutes!
Before you begin, use an eye-primer or concealer, and dust with translucent powder on the eye lid.
- Dust a light nude shadow over entire eye.
- Gently apply ‘taupe’ or light/bright shadow along the crease, for definition. Apply ‘Sand’ shade to the lid. Again, apply the same shade under the eye using a smaller brush.
- Use a medium-shade brush, apply ‘Dark Brown’ eye shadow to the entire lid, and repeat under the eye.
- Apply a ‘bronze’ shade to half of the lid starting from the inner corner. Blend in with the dark brown shade.
- Use black Kohl pencil on the waterline, inside the inner corner and inside the upper eyelid.
Used: Marc Jacobs blacquer pencil
- Apply the kohl as an eyeliner, or use black shadow and smudge it to blend with the browns to create a dramatic look.
- Apply a light matt highlight shadow on the brow bone and inner eye, between the nose and the eye.
- Blend harsh edges with a soft, medium-sized brush – both top and bottom of lids.
- Finish off by applying a generous coat of mascara to complete the Ae Dil Hai Mushkil look.
Sam M. used Jungle Fever Palette for the entire eyeshadow look.
TIP: Clean up using a good non-oily, non-greasy cleanser such as Triple Action cleansing water by Sephora. Clean up the eyeshadow fallout with gentle strokes.
Apply concealer and foundation after the eye make-up is done, as eye shadow may fall onto your skin. Apply a nude lipstick and some shimmer highlighter to add a healthy glow!
Sam M. | www.saminamalik.com
Samina Malik, aka SAM.M, provides unique make-up consultancy services tailored to each individual she works with. Sam has over 20 years of experience in the industry, having worked with big industry giants such as Sephora, Marc Jacobs, Benefit Cosmetics and Inglot, to name a few. Her consultancy clients hail from all around the world. Cosmopolitan Magazine featured her opinions on the make-up mistakes women in Singapore make, and what to do about them.
Now a sought out household name amongst the expatriate community in Singapore, SAM.M turns women into their own make-up artists by giving them all they need to know.