Gobi Manchurian Dry Style
This recipe is sure to win hearts at the table. It’s fun, it’s different and it’s so flavourful that you’ll be making it again and again, on demand!
You will need:
250 gms cauliflower- cut into florets
½ of an onion- finely chopped
2 tbsp finely chopped garlic
2 tbsp finely chopped ginger
1-2 green chili- finely chopped
2 tbsp coriander- finely chopped
Sauces: Ingredients B:
1 tbsp Chili paste
1 tbsp light Soy sauce
1 tbsp dark Soy sauce
1 tbsp Vinegar
25ml water (2tbsp)
Seasoning Ingredients C:
½ tsp Chicken Powder
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp sugar
¼ tsp Ajinomoto
2 tbsp (made from 3tbsp water and 1 tbsp cornflour)
Method for the cauliflower:
Season the cauliflower with salt, Ajino moto, chicken powder, white pepper powder and chili oil.
Add corn flour and coat the vegetables well. Spray some water if necessary to allow the corn flour to stick well to the vegetables. Repeat this step 3-4 times till the vegetables are well coated with the cornflour.
Deep fry the cauliflower in very hot oil till they are golden brown and crispy.
Method for the main dish:
- Heat oil. Add in the ginger-garlic and stir fry for 10 seconds.
- Add in the chopped onion, green chili and coriander and stir fry again for another 10-20 seconds.
- Add the prepared sauces.
- Add 2 tbsp slurry and bring to a boil till the sauce turns to a thick consistency.
- Add in the prepared cauliflower and toss well on high heat till each cauliflower floret is coated with the sauce and the dish is relatively dry.
- Garnish with some fresh coriander
This article is the collaboration effort of several members of Team FUCHSIA.