There is a reason Quinoa is called a “super grain”. It’s high in fiber and keeps you feeling full for longer. Thus, you tend to binge eat less. It’s gluten free. So, perfectly suitable for those on a gluten free diet. Moreover, it is a good alternative to couscous and a great source of protein compared to some other grains.
Quinoa – Recipes For The Desi Tastebuds
There are various ways you can incorporate this super grain in your daily meals. From porridge to pudding, what can’t you make with it?! In the past we’ve shared some of our favourite ways to use it in our diets.
If you’re a desi at heart and Quinoa is too foreign for you, try our recipe for Quinoa Pulao by Mantaha Tareen. It’s sure to win the approval of every desi aunty you know!
However, if you’re like me and would die for a flaky crust, try our recipe for this scrumptious Quinoa Quiche by Sujata Din. Once you have it, you’ll never go back to your old ways!
How To Make The Perfect Quinoa Bean salad
- 1 ½ cups of cannellini beans (cooked)
- ½ small avocado, diced
- ½ small onion, diced
- 1 ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- A handful of baby spinach, diced
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- ½ tsp sesame seeds (to sprinkle over)
For The Dressing:
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from ½ lemon
- ¼ tsp dried mint
- 1 clove garlic, diced finely
- 2 sundried tomatoes, diced finely
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Mix all the ingredients in a bottle until well mixed.
- In a large bowl combine the salad ingredients and mix in the dressing then sprinkle the sesame seeds over.
This recipe Serves 2. If you don’t have cannellini beans you can use any other beans too.
This article is the collaboration effort of several members of Team FUCHSIA.