How do you begin the First FUCHSIA Awards?
“You just have to keep on doing what you do…Keep going. Start by starting.” – Meryl Streep
So that’s what we’ll do! The year is over, just like that, but not before gifting us some phenomenal content in both Films and Television. So without much further ado, we thought – we need to do this now, because, the industry that is pushing itself to weave gold deserves a mention – more than that, it deserves recognition, and FUCHSIA awards are here just to do that.
FUCHSIA Awards aim to recognize the immense talent we showcase as a nation. It is meant to encourage those who are new to the industry as well as acknowledge those who are superseding themselves in the business – and why not? If you raise the bench mark, you give us, the audience, more and better entertainment. Having said that, let’s hope 2019 is not the best so far, there is more to come – the bar is set high and … drum roll – We have the Best of 2019 for you!
1. Emerging Talent Male – Raza Talish
2. Emerging Talent Female – Azekah Daniel
3. Best OST – Do Bol
Special mention: Ranjha Ranjha Kerdee OST
4. Best Director – Kashif Nisar for Ranjha Ranjha Kardee
His skilled direction gave us a play that will be remembered for many decades to come.
5. Best Drama – Inkaar
Directed by Kashif Nisar, starring Yumna Zaidi, Imran Ashraf and Sami Khan.
6. Best Actress – Iqra Aziz for Ranjha Ranjha Kardee
A performance that will be remembered for a lifetime.
7. Best Actor – Imran Ashraf Awan for Ranjha Ranjha Kardee
He made his viewers cry with him and pray for him with his spellbinding performance.
8. Best Supporting Actor – Ali Kazmi for Superstar
9. Best Supporting Actress – Zara Noor Abbas for Chhalawa.
10. Best Song (Film) – Haye Dil Bechara
Sung by Jimmy Khan and composed by Azaan Khan
11. Best Actress (Film) – Mahira Khan for Superstar
Mahira portrayed the journey of a simple girl who aspires to become an actress till she finally makes it as the queen of the film industry.
12. Best Actor (Film) – Ahmed Ali Akbar for Laal Kabootar
Ahmed gave a realistic performance of a guy struggling to make his life on the streets of Karachi.
13. Best Film – Laal Kabootar
The film was produced by Hania Cheema and Kamal Khan and written by Ali Abbas Naqvi. Laal Kabootar stars Ahmed Ali Akbar & Mansha Pasha as lead pair.
And that’s a wrap folks! Happy 2020 – onwards to bigger and better entertainment. See you next time on FUCHSIA Awards!
This article is the collaboration effort of several members of Team FUCHSIA.