Winter is nearly out of the way, so what’s up with your skincare routine? We think ahead (as usual) and bring you skin sustenance to prep you for the spring & summer time ahead!
These DIY face masks could help treat your oily skin!
Taking care of, and finally perfecting the most suitable care routine for your skin is a challenge at the most. Dry skin has multiple solutions on market shelves & DIY tips and tricks, but oily skin, that one’s a tad hard-to-find, agree much?
But don’t worry, we’ve got your back. Being a bearer of oily skin myself, I can relate to you and so, bring you these DIYs and a few other tips to help maintain your skin.
1. Cucumber Juice Mask
- Blend half a cucumber unpeeled until it’s watery
- Strain the mixture to separate the juice from the pulp
- Apply the cucumber juice on your face. Let the mask sit on your skin for 15 minutes.
- After it’s dry, rinse your face with lukewarm water and dry off with a soft cotton cloth.
Oily skin often has large pores, so the cucumber extract’s natural properties help reduce pore size size and also the excess oil.
2. Banana face mask
- Mash a ripe banana
- Add 10 drops of lemon and 1 tbsp of honey.
- Mix it and apply
- Let it set for 20 minutes
- Rinse with lukewarm water after it’s dry
The banana and lemon juice helps control excess oil. The honey acts as a natural moisturizer, so as not to over dry or strip your face of natural oils, keeping your skin fresh and hydrated.
3. Oatmeal and honey mask
- 1/4 cup oatmeal
- 2-3 tbsp yoghurt
- 1 tbsp honey.
- Mix the three ingredients to make a paste and apply it on your face
- Rinse off with lukewarm water
The oatmeal soaks up excess oil from your skin, leaving you with a natural tone and smooth skin. Oatmeal is a natural moisturizer, so it tricks your skin to produce less oil.
A few oily skin tips and tricks to apply along with the DIY masks
Other than applying the face masks, there are several skincare routines you could add in to your everyday skin regimen. They aren’t OTT or time consuming, perfect no? So here they are:
- Wash your face twice a day
Oily skin can tolerate cleansing. Use Foaming or gel based cleanser.
- Apply toner and a light moisturizer
Alcohol-free toners are best as they hydrate the skin without clogging up pores. Apply a light moisturizer after toning.
- Exfoliate once a week
Exfoliation with a mild scrub keeps excess oil in check, cleans up pores and removes dead skin too.
I know taking care of oily skin can be tough. I have tried two of these face masks and the oatmeal mask suits my skin the best. It may take time for you to see results, so have patience and hope for the best.
Let us know which one of these did you try!
Leave a Reply