Common problems might be very common, but sometimes, we’re stumped for a quick fix solution. How do you get ink stains off that white shirt, wash dirty sneakers or fix squeaky doors?
On a daily basis, there are little things which need touch ups. Calling professionals, or replacing them can be time consuming and costly. So, let us help you in finding out how to fix common household problems.
(Yes! These remedies actually work!)
1. Dirty sneakers
Are your favorite pair of sneakers all dusty (or muddy)? Don’t worry, follow these steps to clean them.
- Take a bowl and add lukewarm
- Add in dishwashing liquid
- Take an old brush or a sponge, dip it into the mixture and clean your sneakers.
- After cleaning them, let them dry off under the sun
It’s that simple!
2. Is the water seeping through the shower curtains?
Yes, it can be really annoying when the water seeps through, the bathroom is all wet and you have to dry it.
Make your life easier by:
- Always add a liner to your shower curtain that can be placed inside the bath tub to prevent water leaking out. Liners are usually water resistant and washable.
- Take a magnet, (preferably small magnetic dots or shower curtain magnets)
- Place the magnet towards the bottom end of the shower curtain.
The magnets will hold the shower curtain straight, making the water stay in the shower area. This way you can save time from wiping the whole of the bathroom!
3. Squeaky doors – here’s how!
Squeaky and noisy doors can be annoying. Here’s how you can silence the noise.
The sound mainly emanates from the door hinges. Simply take petroleum jelly or a soap bar and rub it against the door hinge with the help of a cotton swab and voila!
Less noise, Better life!
4. Dirty mobile/laptop screens – one of the most annoyingly common problems
The two are our literal bestfriends, so keeping them clean and in good shape is our responsibility too.
For mobile screen:
- Take a soft cloth (preferably the ones you clean glasses with)
- Spray a little bit of glass cleaner spray on the cloth
- Gently rub the screen and voila, it’s clean!
For laptop screens
- Get a soft cloth or a coffee filter paper and gently rub it along the screen to wipe off the dust.
- Then, take a sponge or a soft cloth, dip it in water and wipe the screen
- Dry off the screen!
5. Ink on a shirt
We know, it’s really sad getting ink on a shirt. At times the stain won’t go away at all or go, leaving behind a silhouette of the stain
To completely get rid of the ink stain:
- Wet the stain in vinegar
- Take cornstarch, a bit of baking soda and lemon
- Mix them well, add in a few drops of vinegar and rub the paste onto the ink stain
- After that, let it dry off for a few minutes and wash the shirt
6. Organize your marker and pen!
Y’all artistic & school students must be fed up of disorganized pens and markers roaming everywhere around the home, when it comes to actually using one, the situation is quite ‘I can’t find my stuff, ugh!’ Here’s a simple way to create your own stationary box
All ya need is
- empty shoe box/ cardboard box
- empty tissue rolls to put in the box
- decorative material (colors, wrapping sheets & markers and glue!) to decorate the cardboard box & empty rolls! here’s your own DIY stationary holder is ready to roll!
7. Make ice last longer in a cooler!
Sunday mornings & no plan to a beach or out for picnic? That doesn’t sound good at all! Here’s the hack to make your drinks stay cool as you set out to your fav picnic spot!
- Sprinkle some salt on the ice! Yes just that. It’s as simple as peeling a banana! (okay, maybe that’s not the best example though! haha), sprinkle some salt & the ice will stay frozen for a longer time. Guess it’s time to enjoy more on the beach!
There you have it. All our daily life problems have very easy solutions.
Why don’t you go try some of them, while we work on gathering some more home remedies for you!