Chicken & Rice, Noodles, Pizza, Brownies – Did You Know That Food Posts Tripled On Your Feed in 2022?
We’re sure you’re all enjoying the cozy winter nights and cool breeze, but HEY! ‘What’s for lunch today?‘ & ‘I’m searching for some scrumptious recipes‘ still remain the most popular questions in 2023.
While you browse through the internet for the best recipes in town…we’ve combined the top home recipes of 2022 and here’s our Top 5 Picks!
1. Gooey Brownie Recipe!
How about a batch of freshly baked fudgy brownies topped with vanilla ice cream? (Yummy, No?)
- 8 Chocolate bars
- 12 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees & melt the chocolates.
- In a large bowl, mix the butter and sugar. Then beat in the eggs and vanilla for 1-2 minutes, until the mixture becomes fluffy and light in color.
- Whisk in the melted chocolate, sift in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks, then transfer the batter to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Slice it & serve with the topping of your choice.
2. Home Made Pizza!
Learning to make Pizza at home? Here’s how you can be the next chef in town with the best pizza recipe!
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In large bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in water; let stand for 5 minutes. Add oil and salt. Stir in flour, 1 cup at a time, until a soft dough forms.
- Turn onto floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 2-3 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. Meanwhile, cook beef and onion over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Punch down dough; divide in half. Press each into a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Combine the tomato sauce, oregano and basil; spread over each crust. Top with beef mixture, green pepper and cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
3. Instant Pot Sesame Chicken
Your family will love the flavorful sauce in this Instant Pot Sesame chicken. And you’ll love how quick and easy it is for a weeknight dinner!
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Hot cooked rice
- Thinly sliced green onions, optional
- Heat your cooking pan, adjust for medium heat; add sesame oil. When oil is hot, brown chicken in batches. In a small bowl, whisk honey, soy sauce, water, garlic and pepper flakes; stir into half-fried chicken and let cook while stirring from time to time.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; add into the pan. Simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Serve with rice or freshly boiled or stir-fried noodles. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and, if desired, green onions.
4. How About Crispy Fried Chicken Recipes!
Always a Holiday favorite Kids meal! Here’s how you can make fried chicken at home before your kids order them from a restaurant! (Haha!)
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 2-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3-1/2 to 4 pounds each), cut up
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large shallow dish, combine 2-2/3 cups flour, 2 tablespoons garlic salt, 1 tablespoon paprika, 2-1/2 teaspoons pepper and 2-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning. In another shallow dish, beat eggs and 1-1/2 cups water; add 1 teaspoon salt and the remaining 1-1/3 cup flour and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then place in the flour mixture, a few pieces at a time. Turn to coat.
- In a deep-fat fryer, heat oil and fry chicken, several pieces at a time, until golden brown. & your yummy meal is ready to eat!
Now stop searching for fried chicken recipes when we’ve given you the best one!
Serving Tip: Stir-fried noodles, rice or boiled potatoes can add some ready carbs to keep young tummies full longer!
5. Last but not the least! We Want Chicken Fajitas!
The chicken fajita marinade in these popular wraps is mouthwatering. Here’s how to prepare the best Fajitas (or chicken noodles) in town!
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Optional: Shredded cheddar cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole, sliced red onions and sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice and seasonings; add the chicken. Turn to coat; cover. Refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, sauté peppers and onions in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. In the same skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 5-6 minutes. Return pepper mixture to pan; heat through.
- Spoon filling down the center of tortillas; fold in half. Serve with desired toppings.
Gluten free tip: Prepare the filling and serve with rice noodles instead of tortilla wraps!
[Source: Recipe selection is sourced from Taste Of Home website]