Say Yes To Crispy Hot Home Made Masala Fries? And Life Just Became Perfect!
They say that sometimes the simplest things brighten up your mood in the best way. Well, we have a new recipe for you, tried & tested, to make all family members, – from the baby boomers till Gen Z – will love. While devouring this side dish, you’ll happily recall a nostalgic moment or two from your childhood when the fight over crispy homemade fries was a ‘thing’!
We have a very quick and easy crispy masala fries recipe for you! Not just that, it’s super simple to make at home, pre iftar prep is quick or a snack break when studying for exams – we guarantee you need this recipe now!
- Aloo (potato) peeled 250 gram
- One tsp Lal mirch powder (Red chili powder)
- Garam masala powder 1 tsp
- 1/4 tsp Haldee powder (Turmeric powder)
- ½ tsp Dhania powder (Coriander powder)
- 1/2 tsp Namak (Salt)
- 2 & ½ tbs Baisan (Gram flour)
- Oil for frying
- Chaat masala to taste
- Peel, wash and cut potato into pieces (vertically)
- Pick a bowl or plastic box with a lid and add potatoes, red chili powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt.
- Shake well and let it rest for 10 minutes (a really fun step)
- Add gram flour, shake well & set aside
- In a frying pan: heat oil and fry until golden & crispy
- Sprinkle chaat masala and serve!
And done, done! This recipe does not only make your Iftar rock, but it is also our go-to snack when we’re watching late night movies with our family, taking a snack break from exam preps, or celebrating a birthday with friends. How many of you reminisce the times we used to make these fries when cousins came over for sleepovers? Golden times, folks!
Enjoy your iftar, peeps!
Don’t say goodbye to Ramzan yet, say Pakoras one last time! Watch the recipe of crispy pakora’s here: