We bet the title already made your mouth water, no? We got a new side dish Iftar recipe for you in restaurant style, folks! How many of you love snacking on those yummy crispy croquettes? Raise your hands! Scroll down for the recipe for crispy potato chicken croquettes in restaurant style!
We won’t let you wait more, promise!
Note: This recipe requires time and energy. Some of the steps are more time consuming than the rest, but we promise you the end result won’t disappoint! Just use this one as a family bonding activity and make ’em together – the more, the merrier! We will notify you the steps below which are time consuming, we got your back!
Ingredients For Mouthwatering Croquettes
- Olive oil 2 tbs
- One medium chopped Pyaz (Onion)
- Boiled chicken (please prepare this beforehand since boiling chicken can take up to one hour)
- A half tbsp Lal mirch (Red chili) – One tsp onion/garlic powder – 1 tsp oregano (you might want add less if you don’t like oregano. You can also opt for another seasoning of choice)
- 2 tbs Maida (All-purpose flour)
- A half cup milk Doodh
- Anday (Eggs) 2
- A half kg boiled Aloo – potatoes (we suggest you boil them beforehand so you can work efficiently)
- 2 Anday ki zardi (Egg yolks)
- 2 tbs Makhan (Butter)
- a 1/2 tbs Kali mirch (Black pepper)
- 1/2 tbs Namak (Salt) – 2 tbs chopped Hara dhania (coriander)
- Grated Cheddar and Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Maida (flour)
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Oil for frying
Cook, cook, cook!
- Grab a pan and add olive oil into it.
- Add the chopped onions and fry until light golden.
- Time to add the boiled chicken and start mixing.
- Afterwards add the spices: red chilli powder, onion powder, seasoning and mix well.
- Stir and cook for two minutes.
- Add the flour and mix, stirring to avoid lumps. Cook for another two minutes.
- Add the milk and blend it in until you have a dry mixture.
- Put it aside and grab another bowl.
- Add the mashed potatoes in this bowl.
- Grab the eggs and remove the egg yolks. Add these in the mashed potatoes with butter, black pepper, coriander, salt and mix. Keep the rest of the beaten egg in a small bowl for the frying preps.
- It’s time to combine the two batters! Add the chicken mixture along with cheddar and mozzarella cheese and mix very well.
- Grease your hands with oil and start taking small amounts of the mixture. Try to make the shape of the croquettes and shape with the palm of your hand.
- Once you’re done, place them in a plate or box and freeze for about an hour.
- When you’re ready to fry, take three small bowls. Add the beaten and whisked egg in one, flour in the second and breadcrumbs in the third.
- Coat the croquettes starting from dipping them into the flour, then into the whisked egg and eventually in the breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a pan and once it has reached a fairly high temperature, fry the croquettes on medium flame for the perfect crispy taste. Make sure they get the golden brown colour!
Don’t get disappointed if you don’t get the perfect shape or colour in the very first try. It’s all about the taste and the hard work you have put into! We’re sure you will rock!
In Noreen’s own words: “I’m an open soul who loves to write about women empowerment, mental health and fashion. Everything in this world fascinates me and I love to learn new skills and get knowledge”. To get to know her more, follow Noreen on Instagram at Noreen_Muhammad