Another day, another Pakistani makes us proud! Young Pakistani Tanzila Khan wins first-ever Prince’s Trust International Amal Clooney Women’s Empowerment Award!
Tanzila Khan has left no stone unturned when it comes to raising her voice for differently-abled women. Be it creating a brand that caters to their menstrual hygiene needs, or taking an international trip with 2 other differently-abled women to prove they are more than their disability. Read on to know about all that she has achieved.
Here Are All Her Accomplishments That You Need To Know About!
1. Tanzila Khan is a public speaker who has presented seminars & training sessions on a variety of topics including releasing creativity, overcoming barriers, and inclusivity in 19 countries.
2. She is also the founder of ‘Girlythings.pk’, a website that provides women in Pakistan with urgent menstruation kits. They make certain that no woman misses school, an event, or any other opportunity because of her period.
3. When she was 16, she authored her first novel, ‘A Story of Mexico,’ and subsequently published her second book, ‘The Perfect Situation.’ She has used the proceeds from the sale of her books to support community programmes in the areas of disabilities, women’s empowerment, education, and environmental protection.
4. Creative Alley is a non-profit organisation, which uses events and projects to educate and empower the community. She also founded ‘Iwish’ with the goal of developing long-term solutions to help accomplish the SDGs.
5. She has dabbled in filmmaking and acting in order to portray disability in a touching short film called FruitChaat. Under her brand, ‘Iwish’, she has developed Pakistan’s first totally accessible podcast, ‘Brain Masala.’
Getting the Prince’s Trust international Amal Clooney Women’s Empowerment Award was a well-deserved reward for all her accomplishments and efforts towards making this world a better place for women, especially differently-abled women, and giving them the encouragement they often lack from others in their lives.