Spotify has rounded up the best tips and tricks to help users maximize their personalized listening experience for the remainder of the year and beyond. It’s clear, listeners are seeking out fresh new audio discoveries now more than ever. With over 70 million tracks on Spotify – there’s a lot of music out there to discover, for free!
Spotify’s signature mix of algorithms and human curation is designed to help users make the most of Spotify`s Personalized suggestions. These tips from Spotify and tools will help to start unlocking more music discovery and find the next favourite artist/ songs on the platform!
“Made For You” Hub
Head over to the “Search” tab and under “Browse all”, look for “Made for you”. Here, listeners will find a catalogue of content full of fresh suggestions just for them. For starters:
- Discover Weekly: Delivered every Monday, this is a personalised playlist of 30 new songs Spotify thinks each user will love.
- Daily Mix: Updated daily, these are personalised music mixes based on recent listening preferences that introduce new songs in addition to the ones listeners already love.
Personalise The Spotify Experience
Interacting with songs, artists and playlists will improve future suggestions and recommendations from Spotify.
- Love a new track that’s just played? Click the “heart” icon (♡) under the left side of your play bar.
- Listeners can also do this with artists, albums, and playlists. Use the “like” and “hide” buttons to help Spotify understand what listeners love and want to hear more of, equally songs they don’t like and others similar to it, and fine-tune the streaming experience.
- All liked songs will appear in a playlist called “Liked Songs”.
Create Your Own Personalised Radio Station On Spotify
For the days users just want to listen to songs of a specific genre or similar to their favourite artists, Spotify Radio is the place to go.
- Artist Radio: Search for any artist, click on the three dots under the artist image, select “Go to radio” and let Spotify work its magic.
- Song Radio: To play similar songs to your favourite tunes on Spotify, click the three dots on in the song row and then select “Go to radio”.
Explore By Genre, Mood, Activity, & More
With more than 4 billion playlists on Spotify, there’s a playlist for everyone no matter what listeners are doing, how users are feeling, or what listeners are in the mood for.
- In the “Search” tab, navigate through genres, moods, activities from Rock to Chill to Wellness, Workout, or Gaming.
- Still, lost? Take this mood-matching quiz to find the perfect playlist for any occassion.
This article is the collaboration effort of several members of Team FUCHSIA.