Add the SWEET to your summer by pampering yourself with a milkshake dessert! We give you 5 chilling recipes to get started!
We promise you won’t be disappointed! Let’s start with the king of all milkshakes, did someone say Banana?
1. Banana Cream Pie Milkshake
Are you already imagining how refreshing and delicious this milkshake can be? Same! Since bananas are (always) in season, we thought why not try the milkshake version? And it’s scientifically proven that this yellow fruit contains many essential nutrients that are good for health! Here’s the recipe:
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 large banana, ripe
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, garnish
In a blender: combine ice cream, banana, milk and vanilla. Blend until well combined. Pour into glass, garnish with whipped cream and a pinch of sweet crumbs (we recommend Candi biscuit).
2. Banana Milkshake With Cinnamon
Not a fan of cream pie, but love bananas? We got another option for you! Add the spice to your sweet dessert & opt for the banana milkshake with cinnamon!
- 1 large Banana (if making for one person)
- Cinnamon powder
- One tbsp sugar (optional)
Peel the bananas and cut into pieces. Put all ingredients in a blender and blend on high until you obtain a creamy mixture, about 30 seconds. Pour the milkshake in individual cups and serve fresh.
3. Salted Caramel Milkshake
Okay, folks, let’s all drool collectively on this milkshake! Don’t we all love caramel? We indulge in caramel popcorn, chocolates and ice cream, so why not also in our milkshake? And, surprise surprise – this salted caramel milkshake is fully homemade!
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- ½ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup salted caramel sauce (you can make this at home one night before or buy it from the supermarket)
- toffees for the toppings (optional)
- You can make caramel sauce by boiling a tin of condensed milk in water for about 2.5 hours. Make sure the water is simmering and covers the tin. After 2.5 hours, turn off the heat and remove tin. Once cooled, open and voila 0 your caramel sauce is ready!
Ingredients for the homemade whipped cream:
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream, chilled
- 1 tbsp. powdered sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
Instructions milkshake: Add ice cream, whole milk and salted caramel sauce to a blender. Blend until smooth. You can add more caramel if desired.
Instructions whipped cream:
- Whip the chilled cream until it reaches soft peaks.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla; beat until cream holds peaks. Set aside.
Decorate the glass as you like it you’re good to go!
4. Peanut Butter Brownie Milkshake
This one’s for the brownie and chocolate lover in you! We love how you can literally turn everything into a milkshake. Here’s the recipe:
- 3/4 cup brownie bites (ready made brownies chopped up or bake at home) , plus additional crumbled for topping
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 big scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 3/4 cup milk
Add brownie bites, peanut butter, ice cream and milk to a blender and blend, blend, blend! Decorate the glass with chocolate sprinkles or by bits of your own choice!
Mmmmmm, watery mouth!
5. Dates milkshake
Alright, people, it’s Ramzan and I know we already consume lots of dates, but hey, you can make a milkshake from dates with a touch of cinnamon! Want to know how? Here’s the recipe:
- 10 dates / khajoor (seedless)
- 3 cups milk (chilled)
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder / dalchini powder
- firstly, in a blender take 10 seedless dates.
- add 3 cups chilled milk, ¼ tsp cinnamon powder.
- blend to smooth milkshake. add ice cream / ice cubes for rich texture.
- finally, serve dates milkshake garnished with few chopped dates.
Et voila, your iftar is complete!
Not a fan of milkshakes? No problem: we also have a list of apple drinks!
Catch the nutritional iftar bowl recipe here!
Leave a Reply