An apple a day, keeps the doctor away, they say! And what if we drop another fact on you: An apple drink in the summer keeps your thirst away because, apples are 85% water!.
Ramzan is already knocking on our doors and so is the hot, hot weather! But don’t worry, we got your back and share three apple drinks with you to vanish your thirst – try them at Sehri for daylong hydration!
Before we hand out the recipes, here is a fact about apples: A study of Wood implies that eating this red coloured round fruit can help lessen your thirst and solace your dry lungs! Why not transform this fruit into a summery beverage?
We can’t wait to open our fast and drink these cool drinks at iftar during hot days!
Pro Ramzan Tip: You might want to try this at Sehri too to keep the thirst at bay!
1. Apple Iced Tea
Iced teas come in all assortments, such as lemon ice tea, peach ice tea, black ice tea and more! Apple-flavoured iced tea can add the ice in your drink with a hit of flavour that gives daylong hydration!
- 9 ounces black tea brewed and chilled
- 3 ounces Martinelli’s 100% Pure Apple Juice. Use Nestle or whatever is conveniently available, (or it could be any Pure Juice)
- Apple slices
- Lemon slices for garnish
- Mint sprig for garnish
The secret to this drink is VERY simple: add tea, juice, ice, and apple slices to a tall glass and stir to blend. Garnish with lemon slices and mint sprigs if desired. Et voila, enjoy a refreshing break!
Caution: Tea can be dehydrating so you might want to use a lighter version or keep this one for iftar!
2. Apple Pie Drink
Hands down, folks: here’s another cool summery drink for you! On New Year’s we shared a recipe of the Apple Dutch Pie, now we give you the Drink! Oh, and if you’re someone who does not like cold drinks, you can try the warm alternate of this drink.
- Fresh apple – cut into slices
- Apple cider (use apple juice)
- Pear nectar–rounds out the flavors and adds a touch of sweetness (use fruit juice nectar available in market)
- Ginger ale–adds sparkling flavor (you can use 7 up or any fizzy drink)
- Combine cider, pear nectar and ginger ale in equal quantities & stir well.
- Place apple slices in a pitcher.
- Pour in the liquids and serve over ice.
- Heat the cider, pear nectar and ginger ale over low heat.
- Simmer a few minutes; add in fine slices of apples.
- Serve in mugs.
Et voila, done done London!
3. Pom Pomme
Do you get the title? “Pom Pomme”: a composition of the French words pomegrante (pomegranate) and pomme (apple)! If you wish a fancy red-coloured drink, then this is the drink to opt for!
- 450 ml apple cider (use juice if you can’t get cider)
- 150 ml pomegranate juice (blend pomegranate seeds if needed) or take store bought version
- 300 ml soda water (any clear fizzy drink)
- 2 limes
- Pomegranate seeds (optional)
- Mix together 450 ml cider, 150 ml pomegranate juice, and 300 ml soda water.
- Cut lime wedges and add the juice of two wedges to each serving. Garnish with lime wedges and pomegranate seeds.
And you’re ready to go!
Let us know in comments which apple drink you tried this Ramzan!