Why Ginger? You ask. Because, Ginger contains multiple health benefits that you can partake of by just adding some in your drink of choice and wait on just a bit because we’ll tell you what they are!
Looking at those Insta-worthy refreshing, cooling and healthy drinks makes us want to have something that looks JUST like that! Fret not, folks, we’re here with two-minute recipes of yummy ginger drinks you might have seen on your feed! Are you ready?
Yeh dekh ker, moun mein paani aaya? Koi baat nahi, bas kuch hi dair aur!
Health Benefits Of Ginger
According to Healthline Ginger has eleven health benefits. From losing weight to reducing your cholesterol levels, this flowery plant does all the wonders! Did you know that even pregnant women consume ginger drinks/food to overcome their morning sickness? Yes, it does it all! We have compiled a list for you with the eleven health benefits:
- Ginger contains gingerol, which has powerful medicinal properties
- It treats forms of nausea (especially morning sickness)
- It helps you lose weight
- Osteoarthritis is a common health problem. Ginger can help in this alleviate symptoms in this condition.
- Lowers blood sugars and improves heart disease risk factors
- Treats chronic digestion
- Reduces significantly menstrual pain
- Helps lower the cholesterol level
- Contains a substance which may help prevent cancer
- Improves brain function and protects against Alzheimer’s disease
- Assists fight the infections
Folks, one important message: ginger is a lifesaver. Noooow, back to the fun game of prepping the drinks! Here are three very quick recipes for drinks with ginger:
1. Ginger Lime Fizz
Okay, who doesn’t like drinking lime? We all do, right!
- 4 ounces seltzer water or any plain fizzy drink
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger or just slide a few thinly sliced ginger pieces into the glass. Let it infuse.
- 1/2 to 1 ounce fresh squeezed lime juice
- Limes, for garnish
SUPER easy and fast: Combine ingredients in a pitcher. Taste and adjust lime juice as needed. Serve cold.
2. Ginger Mojito Mocktail
Whenever we visit a restaurant we always tend to skip the cold drinks section and jump to the mocktails because they’re so YUMMY, omg! This Ramzan you can make them for your family at home and enjoy drinking them at Iftar.
- 3/4 shot Lime juice (freshly squeezed)
- Sugar syrup. Here’s how to make it
- Lime (fresh)
- Mint Leaves
- Ginger Ale (if you can’t get Ginger Ale, use any plain fizzy drink & slide in ginger slices)
Pour the Lime juice and syrup in a glass. Add lime wedges (cut in half) & mint leaves. Add crushed ice and stir! Top with soda and stir again.
3. Mint Ginger Ale
Okay folks, besides the fact that ginger ale helps you feel better when feeling nauseous, we need to start drooling over this ginger drink. It’s SO refreshing and cool.
Here is how you shake this drink!
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon sugar ice cubes
- 2 bottles ginger ale (each 1 quart, or tonic water, if you can’t get either, use any plain fizzy drink & slide in ginger slices)
Mix all the ingredients and shake, shake, shake!
Let us know which one you tried at home!
In Noreen’s own words: “I’m an open soul who loves to write about women empowerment, mental health and fashion. Everything in this world fascinates me and I love to learn new skills and get knowledge”. To get to know her more, follow Noreen on Instagram at Noreen_Muhammad