Are you visiting Azad Kashmir and need help in packing? If yes, then you have clicked on the right article!
For two years, Covid-19 has got us worried and extra cautious all the time. But now is the perfect time for you to visit your favourite places after getting yourself vaccinated completely. However, that requires a lot of effort on your part and sometimes during last-minute packing you might often forget important items.
We think the best place for you to go on vacation nowadays is Azad Kashmir. So let’s get you started on what you’d need for the journey!
Food Prep – The Most Important Part Of Any Travel Plan
Before we get started on clothes, let’s talk about food – the most important part of any travel plan. Travelling can make you explore food like never before but it always comes with a risk (we’re talking about indigestion and an upset stomach among other things…). It’s always better to eat something healthy and what you are already used to. Kashmir hotels and restaurants do offer desi food but honestly, it doesn’t taste as good as it sounds. Therefore, instead of trying out foods with spice and meat, eat vegetable-oriented meals. Another option is to buy ready-made food boxes, such as ones by Al-ta’aam Foods. These sealed foil packs transform into hearty, homemade meals such as curry or gravy after steaming, ready to be consumed in minutes! If that isn’t the best travel hack, we don’t know what is!
Now that we’ve got our menu covered, let’s talk about what clothes and travelling essentials you should bring with you and the items that shouldn’t be in your backpacks:
Clothes to Carry
- Only take clothes that you’re bound to wear.
- Plan outfits ahead of time and takes photos so you can remember what goes with what on the day.
- Roll your clothes while packing! Not only will this save space, but you won’t crease the fabrics, so less ironing.
- Bring practical shoes, such as sneakers, for all the trekking you’ll be doing
Only Bring The Essentials
- Pack your toiletries separately in a sealable bag so if any spillage occurs it’ll be contained.
- Bring Sunblock! We recommend this one by Bioderma.
- Always make room for a First Aid kit, especially if you’re bringing children along.
- Arrange a Wi-Fi device for internet accessibility and get a Scom Sim from Muzafafarbad, since it’s the only network that works there.
- Always pack an extra power bank and an extension cable so you can charge on the go.
- Lastly, don’t forget to bring an umbrella!
Items You Need To Ditch While Packing
- Don’t take suitcases with you, instead opt for backpacks since they’re easier to carry and you’ll have your hands free!
- Avoid packing jewellery, especially pieces that are bound to tarnish.
- Avoid bringing costly gadgets that might get lost, since you’ll be moving around a lot.
- Uncomfortable shoes like all types of heels etc.
Lastly, remember to pack all the memories in your cameras! Have a safe and delightful journey!
Resources used in this article include: Do’s and Don’ts of Travel Writing, Travel safety tips, Planning a road trip after long? Keep these safety tips in mind, Do’s and Don’ts of Travel Writing, Travel Writing: 3 Dos and 3 Don’ts
I am Emaan Rehman and I am a BBA student at Salim Habib University, Karachi. I’m an Instagram writer. Writing and reading is my passion. I believe a person who reads is someone who can conquer the world with his/her intelligence and wisdom of knowledge.