Bored this weekend? Craving some chocolate but want something homemade? Head into the kitchen and try these amazing recipes right now. It’s chocolate 2 ways!
Chocolate. You love it, we love it, everyone loves it. Whether its brownies, chocolate cakes or chocolate bars, we LOVE it all. We can have it anytime of the day, in any form whatsoever! So, to add sugar, spice and everything nice to your life, try these recipes! You won’t be disappointed. We promise.
1. A Good Old Lava Cake
- 6 ounces high-quality semi-sweet chocolate*
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- Chop the chocolate and melt it with butter on low heat and stir until smooth.
- In another bowl, whisk flour, confectioners’ sugar, and salt, set aside. Then in another bowl whisk the eggs and egg yolks until fluffy.
- Take the flour mixture and whipped eggs and mix them with the chocolate. Combine with a spatula.
- Pour the prepared batter in ramekin cups and place it into the oven preheated at 218°C for 12-15 min.
- Take them out and serve them with a classic vanilla ice cream!
Mouthwatering isn’t it?
2. Mug Cake
This is easy, chocolatey and SUPER delicious, plus, you can make it any day. So why wait? Try it now!
- 4 tbsp flour
- 1/4 tbsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
- In a large mug, whisk the cocoa powder, flour and sugar.
- Add in the egg and whisk well. Then add in the milk and oil and mix well.
- Now it’s time for the vanilla essence, so add that in as well!
- In the center add in a spoon full of Nutella or chocolate chips and bake in the microwave for 1-2 min.
And voila an easy treat ready in less than 10 minutes! What else could you want?
So which of these recipes will you try this week? I think I’m going to go for the lava cake because YUM! Also, this delicious red sauce pasta is to die for! Here’s how you can make it without leaving the comfort of your home. Something savoury to balance out the sweetness!