A bowl of delicious barbecue sauce pasta, the perfect comfort food for a cozy dinner date!
Are you like me, someone who doesn’t know how to cook and doesn’t take much interest in learning to cook? But at the same time, wants to do something for your other half because he is a big-time foodie? I am here to help you impress your significant other on a cozy dinner date at home with Pasta!
After perpetual telling off from my mother, I finally (and tediously) learnt how to make a variety of pasta recipes. But from my multiple kitchen escapades, it was barbecue sauce pasta that stood out from the rest, at least according to my fiancé! Top secret folks, psst … it was the easiest one to make! So, let’s dive right into the recipe!
- 36x400gm pasta (e.g. Fusilli)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (e.g. Dipitt Bbq sauce)
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. garlic paste
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup of sliced onion
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- 2 tbsp green chili paste
- 1/2 cup sliced & cooked chicken (or beef)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley (optional)
- 1/2 cup sliced capsicum
- Cook pasta according to package instructions until it’s soft. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine barbecue sauce, ketchup, apple cider vinegar, 1 tbsp. garlic paste, salt, white pepper, green chili paste and black pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is heated through, and the ingredients are well infused.
- Add cooking oil in the saucepan, let it heat on medium flame. Add the sliced chicken/beef and 1 tbsp garlic paste. Cook until its chewable and a golden brown.
- Add the cooked pasta & cooked chicken/beef to the sauce and toss to coat evenly adding sliced opinions and capsicum.
- If desired, top with chopped parsley or green onions before serving.
This pasta recipe is the perfect comfort food, ideal for a casual dinner date. The barbecue sauce gives it a sweet, tangy flavor and the optional addition of chicken/beef and vegetables gives it a nice crunch.
Try out the recipe and let me know how it was in comments!