It’s fall, meaning its getting colder by the day and we need something to keep us warm and comfort us during the winter season. This desi item, in everyone’s kitchen should be your new BFF! Yes, it’s ghee! Used in cooking and for other purposes, works like magic and here’s why!
The unique adaptability of ghee is that you can use it externally as well as internally. It can be used in cooking and at the same time it can be used for skin and hair scalp massage. Ghee in diet is helpful in many ways but during winter, it becomes a savior in many ways. Here’s how:
1. It Aids In Digestion
Added fibers in vegetables, the convention of using warm clothes, and irregularities in drinking water often causes the problem of sluggish digestion & discomfort of bloating. Taking ghee will prevent indigestion.
2. It Keeps You Warm
Did you know eating ghee every day provides warmth to the body & keeps you warm from inside? This is because of the fat content in ghee. Hence, adding ghee in your winter diet is as good as having a bowl of soup.
3. It gives you healthy skin
Winter calls for dry skin, increasing the risk of itchy skin & rashes. Hence, adding ghee to your diet not only provides the essential fats needed for skin growth & maintenance but also retains moisture giving you a healthy winter glow.
4. It Helps You Maintain Wait
Believe it or not, we tend to eat a lot of processed, oily foods during winter. If ghee is consumed via your daily diet, it maintains an adequate energy level in the body & because of its fat content, ghee works like a filler food. It can keep you full for longer than usual.
Recipe: Aataay Ka Halwa
- In a pan, add ghee and flour. Stir and fry the flour for 10-15 minutes, until is golden brown. (Keep stirring so that the flour doesn’t burn).
- In another pan, boil the water and sugar to make a syrup.
- Once it’s ready, pour the syrup over the flour very gently and keep stirring to avoid lumps.
- Stir and cook the halwa on a low/medium heat, until the syrup is absorbed and let it simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Then garnish with almonds, walnuts or raisins and enjoy!
What’s your favorite recipe which includes ghee? Let us know!