Have some leftover bread slices or want to give a new recipe a try? Then you’ve come to the right place as we have an amazing, different and flavorful recipe for you. So, without any further ado, here are the ingredients and methods to help you make it in no time!
- 2 tbsp. Ghee
- 2 tbsp. cashews
- 1 tbsp. raisins
- 4 to 5 white bread slices, cubed
- 7 to 8 tablespoons sugar or add as required
- 1.5 cups milk
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
Frying Dry Fruits
- In a pan add ghee and roast the cashews. Once golden brown, take them out and in the same pan roast the raisins.
- Stirring continuously, fry the raisins till they become plump and swell in size.
- In the same pan add bread cubes with the ghee and roast them.
- Stir at intervals & roast till the bread cubes look crisp.
Making Bread Ka Halwa
- Add the sugar & pour milk for extra richness.
- Simmer on a low to medium-low flame. Stir at intervals.
- The bread cubes will absorb milk and start thickening.
- Once the halwa mixture thickens add 1 tablespoon of ghee & elaichi powder.
- Now add the fried cashews and raisins, reserving a few for garnish.
- Continue to stir and mix till the entire halwa mixture has come together and you see some ghee at the sides.
- Serve bread halwa in bowls or small plates, hot or warm.
- Garnish it with the rest of the cashews and raisins. Leftover bread ka halwa can be refrigerated and warmed just before serving.
So, did you like this? Make it and let us know. Meanwhile, we’re heading to our kitchen to make it too!
This article is the collaboration effort of several members of Team FUCHSIA.