Let the recipes begin!
1. Banana Cupcakes
Cupcakes, but a little different!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 large very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together. Let it rest.
- Beat the butter and sugars on high speed until smooth and creamy. Then add the eggs, yogurt, and vanilla – beat until combined well.
- Add in the mashed banana.
- After that, add in the dry ingredients and whisk to combine well.
- Scoop the batter and place it into the cupcake tray. When done, pop in an oven preheated to 350°F and bake for 20 minutes until done!
Serve with fresh seasonal fruit or berries of your choice!
2. Banana Split Cookies – The Perfect Coffee Partner!
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- First beat the eggs and butter well, and then add in the eggs and beat until lightly fluffy.
- Then add in the mashed bananas and mix well.
- Time for the dry ingredients! In a clean bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Then add it to the banana batter and blend until all ingredients and incorporated well.
- Add in the walnuts and fold the batter.
- Prep a baking tray and scoop the batter and place onto the tray. Pop in an oven preheated to 375 and bake for about roughly 10 minutes until done
These cookies will be your perfect coffee/tea time partner!
3. Banana Cake – A Classic!
A traditional old fashioned banana cake is everyone’s first love. And during the quarantine days, it’s become the most popular baked good literally everywhere! So, in case you missed it here’s a classic banana cake recipe – perfect for you!
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups buttermilk,
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt and let it rest.
- Beat the sugar and soften butter well, until fluffy.
- Add in eggs and the vanilla extract and beat for another two minutes. Then add in the dry ingredients in 3 parts, and with each part, add 1/2cups of buttermilk and blend it well. Once done, it’s optional but you can also add crushed almonds or walnuts to add a little more flavor into it.
- Then pour the batter in a cake pan and put it in an oven preheated to 360F,
- Let it bake for 40-45 minutes and with the toothpick test, check if its fully baked. Once done, serve it! That simple
This recipe is one of my go-to’s and everyone in the family loves it. A little secret, it hardly lasts 2 days! Yes, it’s that loved!
So, which recipe will you be giving a shot? Are there any banana recipes you make and love? If so, let us know!